Play:1 no sound while play through PC

• 31 October 2022
  • 7 replies

I have stop playing music from my play 1 for roughly a month

and i just try to play music by using PC but there is no sound.

i have tried factry reset and repaired but no use.

there is no problem by stream through spotify ect.

Only has no sound when playing music from my PC.

I still able to control from my phone and PC

7 replies

Hi. How are you trying to play the music stored on your PC? Are you using the Sonos Music Library?

Hi. How are you trying to play the music stored on your PC? Are you using the Sonos Music Library?

yes i use sonos music library

Does it seem to be playing the selection? That is, does the play symbol change to a pause symbol? Does the track bar progress? Any error messages?

Does it seem to be playing the selection? That is, does the play symbol change to a pause symbol? Does the track bar progress? Any error messages?

Everything looks normal just no sound at for play from my PC library

Yes it change from play symbol to pause symbol.

The music track bar is moving

and there is no error msg

this how it looks like

and if i change to my living (play3+sound bar +sub ) there is music come out

The screenshot looks pretty normal.  The one thing I notice is that you are playing in shuffle mode.  Are you trying to shuffle your whole music library?  I suggest you just double click on a single track in that right-hand segment to play it.  If it says that this will delete the queue, go ahead anyway.

Edit:  I am not confident that this is the cause of your problem.  My controller seems happy to shuffle my Music Library, but it’s a relatively small library.  I think it is worth just trying a single track.

Edit 2: Just reread that this is working in your other ‘room’, so it can’t be what I have suggested here.  

Maybe the speaker is faulty.  The only thing I can suggest is calling Sonos Support so that they can see if there is another explanation.

Are all your apps and speakers on the latest firmware?

The screenshot looks pretty normal.  The one thing I notice is that you are playing in shuffle mode.  Are you trying to shuffle your whole music library?  I suggest you just double click on a single track in that right-hand segment to play it.  If it says that this will delete the queue, go ahead anyway.

Edit:  I am not confident that this is the cause of your problem.  My controller seems happy to shuffle my Music Library, but it’s a relatively small library.  I think it is worth just trying a single track.

Edit 2: Just reread that this is working in your other ‘room’, so it can’t be what I have suggested here.  

Maybe the speaker is faulty.  The only thing I can suggest is calling Sonos Support so that they can see if there is another explanation.

Are all your apps and speakers on the latest firmware?

yes i did call them and they said nothiong wrong with my sonnos….

they said is the firmware problem and i only can use it till next update….

i ask when will next update coming out …. what i get the answer is may be couple of weeks or mothes….