Skip to main content
Answered

no sound on my brennan from a cd

• 9 April 2023
  • 1 reply

I recently bought a pair of sonos sl speakers which work very well with my BrennanB2.but if I put a cd in I get no sound from the sonos but its fine with the brennan speakers.why is this ? On utube there is a short tutorial on playing a cd through the sonos speakers but I cannot get it to play the cd.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @piscea0morika 

Welcome to the Sonos Community!

I’m not overly familiar with the Brennan B2 device, but my understanding is that you would normally need to rip the CD to FLAC (or another format) before you are able to play the files on your Sonos system. After ripping the CD, you would also need to re-index the Sonos Music Library that would need to be pointing to the Brennan’s store of tracks. Use a NAS drive with Sonos

To play the CD directly, however, you would need a Sonos device with Line-In (such as Port, Amp, Five or Era (with adaptor)) connected to the line-out output on the Brennan.

I hope this helps.