Skip to main content

new software has created very unstable system

• 6 July 2024
  • 4 replies

Since I updated Sonos software I have a totally unstable system…tech support told me it was router issue. I spent the time and money to install a new mesh network and this has not helped. 

Speakers cut in and out of service, streaming starts and stops and app volume controls and speaker selection doesn’t usually work.

Even with a hard wired Ethernet the system can’t be counted on.

Anyone know if these issues are going to be fixed soon? Old software version was very stable.

4 replies

@Agouradave,

They are fixed I think, as my Sonos setup with the new App is working fine here (see attached), albeit the App is a little slow in a couple of places, but perhaps importantly, the new Sonos App is only a "remote” for your Sonos speakers anyway, so when setup correctly everything should be working on your network, even without the App.

If you start music, for example, on a speaker or group, then you can close the App and even power off the mobile device and the playing track/playlist should carry on playing. 

So if you’re still having issues with your new network setup then it maybe best to first reproduce the issues, then immediately submit a Sonos system diagnostic report from within the Sonos App, note it’s reference and then contact/chat with Sonos Support via this LINK to discuss the matter in detail and see what the Staff can perhaps then suggest to resolve the matter.

Have had 3 conversations with Sonos support including review of my diagnostics. Tech revealed that my problems are widespread throughout the Sonos community and hopefully fixes will come soon. My system is still malfunctioning as of today with nothing else the tech could do other than be patient for the software fixes.

Have had 3 conversations with Sonos support including review of my diagnostics. Tech revealed that my problems are widespread throughout the Sonos community and hopefully fixes will come soon. My system is still malfunctioning as of today with nothing else the tech could do other than be patient for the software fixes.

So why did you post here in the user community and not mention those things to begin with? I would have just waited patiently as suggested and see if the fixes do eventually resolve your issue, or at the very least go back to Sonos Support, as it appears many things are fixed for playback and control of the products.

Sonos have outlined here the fixes rolled out so far and what’s still to come…

https://support.sonos.com/en-us/article/the-new-sonos-app-and-future-feature-updates

What did support say is the issue with your system?