Answered

New Sl will not pair to vodafone pro hub

• 29 January 2023
  • 9 replies

Hello, new to the forum. I have a play one Sl that I can’t connect to my new router. I have other units that have paired no issue just this one. I have wired it in for the moment and works ok. However when I try to create a surround, I choose the speaker it’s playing from the app and the wireless one will not work and asks to add to the wifi network again. It will not add if the wired one is in. If I reset both then add the other play one it pairs ok. But still can’t pair the Sl, that has to go wired again. The system was all ok before I upgraded to the pro hub 2. I can play them all together no issue just this pairing issue that’s possibly causing the surround issue too? I have spoken both to Sonos and Vodafone but still getting no where. Any help or advice is greatly appreciated and sorry for the long post

Many thanks

icon

Best answer by Corry P 2 February 2023, 10:09

View original

9 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Can you please clarify, as terms you’re using have certain meanings in a Sonos environment. 

When you say the One SL won’t pair, do you mean it can’t form a stereo pair with a second One? Or that you can’t connect it to your wifi, or that you can’t see it in the app? 

Have you deleted the old wifi credentials from the One SL? 

Have you tried leaving the One SL wired, powering off all your Sonos devices, then powering off and restarting your router? Make sure router is fully restarted and wifi running before powering up your Sonos devices one at a time starting with Playbar.

When you refer to “create a surround” you again need two Ones for surrounds. And the Wireless setting for your Playbar must be Enabled (and for the One’s as well). 

Hello. 
Apologies I can’t get the SL to connect to the internet via wifi. I can only connect it to the router with the Ethernet cable. I can see it in the app but asks me to fix it. When I do it says it can’t connect to the wifi. I can see it on my Vodafone app but has no ip address.  
I have no issue with my other Sonos One after I have restored it to factory settings and connected to wifi. IF go to create set up surrounds, when all are connected, the play one will not work and I have to reconnect it and it wont let me until I erase the SL to factory settings then it will allow me to connect the one. Then wire in the SL and I can play all.

I have reset all to factory settings and deleted the system reset the app and started again but still happens. The playbar is set to wireless and I have powered all down as you have described. 

Although underneath the speakers one says play one and one says SL can they be used together to create a surround sound set up and do they both have to wireless?

when you say removing wifi Credentials doesn’t factory settings do that?

Many thanks

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Let’s start with a basic question, since there is no “play one”. Is it a One or a Play:1? Is the other a One SL? 

A Play:1 cannot be stereo-paired with a One or a One SL. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Then can you confirm whether you have disabled the wireless on your troublesome speaker? Is the troublesome speaker the One SL?

Although they are both Play Sl in the App underneath one say play one and the other SL. 
wireless. The SL has not been disabled but after restarting as you stated one by one, stating with the playbar I attempted to add to the lounge as a surround sound and it’s now paired up after the second time.  Im unsure if I have a Sonos issue or Vodafone issue.

The speakers are off line in the Vodafone app

But online in the Sonos app and im currently using the surround in the lounge as we speak 

Sorry the SL is the troubled speaker I can’t add to the wifi

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Although they are both Play Sl in the App underneath one say play one and the other SL. 
wireless. The SL has not been disabled but after restarting as you stated one by one, stating with the playbar I attempted to add to the lounge as a surround sound and it’s now paired up after the second time.  Im unsure if I have a Sonos issue or Vodafone issue.

The speakers are off line in the Vodafone app

But online in the Sonos app and im currently using the surround in the lounge as we speak 

You don’t seem to know what products you have, how you have them configured, or what your problem is. What you are saying does not make any sense to me, so I’ll leave it for someone else to try to understand you products and your problem. Good luck. 

Visually Underneath each speaker, one of them says one and the other says Sl one. But in the Sonos App it states they are both Sl ones.

My Vodafone app shows nothing online with the speakers yet in my Sonos app it shows full functionality and they are working.

I’m just trying to figure if it’s a network issue or a Sonos issue and giving as much information as I have to hand.

As previously mentioned the SL will not connect to the Wifi. I presume the surround issue will rectify accordingly once the wifi side is sorted. 

I appreciate your assistance though, and any further assistance I can get.

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @Ryan CT 

Welcome to the Sonos Community!

I recommend you get in touch with our technical support team, who have tools at their disposal that will allow them to give you advice specific to your Sonos system and what it reports and to find out exactly what’s going on with your Sonos system, though it does sound like you may have a faulty unit.

I hope this helps.