Answered

my two remote speakers are connecting nor is Alexa.

• 22 March 2024
  • 4 replies

My 2 remote s1 speakers are not connecting nor is Alexa.

My 2 remote s1 speakers have suddenly stopped working. Alexa too. Won’t respond.

Moderation note: Combined posts.

icon

Best answer by Joe mama 25 March 2024, 18:11

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hello @Joe mama, welcome to Sonos Community!

I am sorry to hear you are having issues with controlling Sonos via Amazon Alexa on your S1 system.

We have released an update for S1 that we believe addresses this issue. Please check your system for updates and test.

Have a look on the following Support Article Alexa commands not working on Sonos, most importantly try the below after updating:

Re-enable the Sonos skill
Open the Alexa app and tap on the More menu in the bottom right. Tap on Skills & Games → Your Skills → Sonos → Disable Skill. Once disabled, tap on Enable Skill.

If you continue to see this issue after updating and disabling / re-enabling the Sonos Skill, we recommend you get in touch with our technical support team for assistance.

Thank you for your patience.

Hey all. I tried to disable and then enable but Alexa said the Sonos 1 was off-line. I am not sure how to download new update. My Sonos app shows that account and system are not highlighted so I can’t do anything. Thanks Joe

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hey @Joe mama,

Having Account and System options grayed out in the Sonos App means that you are currently not signed in. Sign in using your Sonos credentials and those options will become available to you.

As suggested on my first reply, if you are still unable to get Amazon Alexa back to your Sonos System, feel free to reach out to our Support team. They have tools at their disposal to provide you with information specific to your system and what it reports.They can also guide you in real-time and resolve your Amazon Alexa issue.

I hope this helps.

I rebooted cox 5g and Alexa and speakers came back on line.