Skip to main content
Answered

Multiple Issues with Sonos Arc

• 25 December 2022
  • 3 replies

My Sonos Arc was never normal since coming out off the box.  It would not set up for two days over the weekend when it arrived and then suddenly started flashing the set up light on the Monday I was going to call support. Problem solved, right?

Fast forward 2 weeks and it lost its connection with my network and the indicator started flashing white.  When through all the trouble shooting steps (funny how these things happen on the weekend or holiday when there is no support) and then randomly started working again after two hours while I was watching TV.  Then after about 20 min working started making loud clicking noise then an extremely loud noises at a sound level I did not think possible. 

I unplugged it but fear it needs replacement?  

Although there is a tiny chance it could need replacement, it sure sounds more like an issue with the local network. I would probably recommend that you submit a diagnostic, and call Sonos support again. 

Thank you Bruce.  I would agree but I have a dedicate line to my modem and a mesh router where everything else works well. I will call them after the holidays but was wondering if anyone else had a similar issue.

Check for silly things, such as a defective network cable. Make sure that the power plug is fully seated. Fully seating the cord in it’s socked requires more force than many expect and the less than fully seated cord makes intermittent contact.

As a quickie diagnostic raise one end about ¼ inch and drop it. A healthy unit will not respond.