Answered

Link sub to sonos account

• 10 December 2022
  • 3 replies

Bought second hand a Sub and did the factory reset, with the Ethernet cable I managed to finally get the Sub connected to my system but it will not function until I link it to my account. However no matter what I do I cannot get it to connect to my account. Why? What's the trick, what am I missing here?

icon

Best answer by Corry P 12 December 2022, 13:53

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @blunt81st 

Welcome to the Sonos Community!

Looking at my available tools, it looks like your Sub is now registered and online - I presume you have been able to fix the issues your were having since posting here?

If not, please let me know, but you may find a reboot of your WiFi router (switch it off for at least 30 seconds) and phone/tablet may resolve any issues showing in the app (for example, the Sub might have registered successfully but was unable to inform the app of this fact).

I hope this helps.

Solution was to remove all my devices from the system and then re-register all items again, this time including the Sub

Could not do it on my Google Pixel 6 phone - constant errors, but managed on my Galaxy S22.

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @blunt81st 

Solution was to remove all my devices from the system and then re-register all items again, this time including the Sub

Could not do it on my Google Pixel 6 phone - constant errors, but managed on my Galaxy S22.

Wow. OK. Well, I’m glad you got it fixed, but I guarantee you there would have been an easier way.

We don’t recommend factory resetting Sonos devices unless specifically requested to do so by our technical support team, or if you are selling the item. Resetting all your Sonos devices will result in all accounts, favourites and playlists being removed.