Answered

Issues with connection to Fabel

• 30 October 2022
  • 1 reply

After using my Sonos system for several years, I am still having issues with connection to Fabel audio book service. 

I was actually in contact with support about the exact same thing around three years ago, but nothing was ever resolved...so I kind of gave up 🤷‍♂️ 

Since then I've had three different phones with the same issues on all of them. 

The issues varies and on some days you might be able to play simply by retrying severaltimes.

On other days, like today, the service is completely useless via the Sonos app and I am unable to play books for my kids.

Playing them via the Fabel app has no similar problems as far as I have ever seen, but unfortunately it is not possible to play the books on the Sonos system with this app, similar to what you can do on Spotify.

When playing an audio book from Fabel in the Sonos app, there is a notification popping up saying there is an issue with the the connection to Fabel. Some times the entire book is "unavailable" and some times only certain chapters (usually the first ones).

My internet connection is pretty stable 500/500 so I cannot imagine this being the case. 

I also have a family subscription that allows severals to stream simultaneously. 

I have tried to stopp the app and restart the phone when it happens, but it does change anything. 

Any idea what might be causing this and how to resolve it?

icon

Best answer by Airgetlam 30 October 2022, 07:20

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

There’s a couple of potentials that I can think of, and not enough data to choose between them.

It could be simple wifi interference between your speakers and your router. I’d recommend reading that FAQ and applying any potential solutions there. On the offhand chance it’s a duplicate IP address issue, I’d recommend unplugging all Sonos devices from power, and rebooting your router. Once the router comes back up, plug back in your Sonos devices to power.

Alternately, it could be a problem outside your home, either in the path between your home and the Fabel servers…or even with Fabel’s servers themselves. Unfortunately, Sonos has no control over either of those potential issues, but you may want to check with Fabel to see if they’re aware of any potential issues.