Answered

Issue connecting to a Play:5

• 13 December 2020
  • 4 replies

I recently moved and am setting up my sonos in the new house. I’ve had to factory reset each speaker to install in the new location. (No Issue) 

I have successfully installed the other systems so far, but my play:5 is not connecting to my phone at set up. (see pic 1) I then plug into my google wifi router and successfully install the speaker. I then update the network settings and when i unplug the ethernet the sonos system can no longer find the speaker. 

I have tried restarting the router during every step of the process, I have deleted and reinstalled the sonos app, i have tried installing from multiple devices. 

Any help would be great!

icon

Best answer by ruggcg 14 December 2020, 18:23

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +17

Hi @ruggcg.

Welcome to the Sonos community and thanks for bringing this to our attention with complete detail on what is going on. This is not a normal behavior of a Sonos product and I would like to help out. 

I would recommend temporarily connecting your Sonos Play 5 to the router via ethernet cable and then check if it appears on the Sonos app.

I would suggest connecting the ethernet cable first before connecting the Play 5 to power. If it appears on the Sonos app allow 3-5 minutes and try to submit a diagnostic. Please reply to this thread with the confirmation number once the diagnostic has been submitted so we can check what is going on with the Play 5.

Please let me know once everything is good with the diagnostic and keep me posted.

Thanks,

Hey Paul, 

Thank you for the response, I called support this morning and the problem was identified to be the WiFi card. They worked to get a replacement sent and I’ll return mine once it arrives. 

Thank you again, the support is a huge factor in why I have Sonos in the house. 

Charles

Hi @ruggcg.

Welcome to the Sonos community and thanks for bringing this to our attention with complete detail on what is going on. This is not a normal behavior of a Sonos product and I would like to help out. 

I would recommend temporarily connecting your Sonos Play 5 to the router via ethernet cable and then check if it appears on the Sonos app.

I would suggest connecting the ethernet cable first before connecting the Play 5 to power. If it appears on the Sonos app allow 3-5 minutes and try to submit a diagnostic. Please reply to this thread with the confirmation number once the diagnostic has been submitted so we can check what is going on with the Play 5.

Please let me know once everything is good with the diagnostic and keep me posted.

Thanks,

Hey Paul, 

Thank you for the response, I called support this morning and the problem was identified to be the WiFi card. They worked to get a replacement sent and I’ll return mine once it arrives. 

Thank you again, the support is a huge factor in why I have Sonos in the house. 

Charles

Userlevel 6
Badge +17

Hi @ruggcg.

Thanks for the update and immediate response.

That was my first theory on this. I just wanted to concrete evidence that would provide proof of wireless card failure. I’m glad that our tech team was able to identify and make the necessary solution to this problem. congratulations on your new Play 5 once it arrives and I do hope you continue to love and Enjoy your Sonos. 

Please do not hesitate to reach out or create a topic if you have any other issues or concerns. I’ll be more than happy to help out.

Thanks,