Answered

Incompatible Software Versions

• 20 January 2024
  • 2 replies

I use Sonos daily and today I discovered my Sonos Ray was not showing up in my system products.  I went through a factory ready and added the Ray again; however now it’s showing up as not registered.  When I click on this it’s reporting ‘Incompatible Software Versions’.  

The system is currently set to auto update and is running version 15.11 build 76248062.  I also checked for a system update and found it was up to date.

my iphone is running 17.2.1 and hasn’t been updated recently.  Nor has the sonos app on my phone.  My phone sonos app also  shows the same version and build. It was all working yesterday so I’m a bit confused on what to try next?

icon

Best answer by Another Jeff 20 January 2024, 20:46

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

Factory Reset is not your friend, it almost always makes things worse. Even the Sonos FAQ says don’t do it unless you are working with Support and they tell you to.

Update all your Sonos Apps to the latest version.

Power down all Sonos, reboot router and power the Sonos back up.

Try to add the Ray back in to your existing system again.

If that doesn’t work hook a temporary Ethernet cable to it, power-cycle and try adding again.

Not sure if this will help others but the solution in this case:

• I reset my sonos ray and it’s attached router; however the problem continued with the Ray showing as ‘not registered’
  • I factory reset the ray again and this time it successfully completes the process of adding the product back into my sonos system.