Answered

I have a synology router mesh. My devices lose wifi when using the sonos or airplaying to the sonos

• 7 September 2023
  • 3 replies

Badge

Anyone have experience where devices are kicked off the wifi network when interacting with Sonos speakers.  Either the Sonos app or airplay to a Sonos speaker.  

icon

Best answer by Corry P 8 September 2023, 10:00

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @antiduplicity 

Welcome to the Sonos Community!

It sounds like you have multicast flooding on your network (data packets intended for multiple destinations are reaching destinations they were not intended to reach). If your router has the option, I recommend enabling IGMP Snooping/Filtering.

If this does not resolve the issue, or if you don’t have that option available, I recommend you get in touch with our technical support team who have tools at their disposal that will allow them to give you advice specific to your Sonos system and what it reports.

I hope this helps.

Badge

I have IGMP snooping/Filtering turned on.  Synology router

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @antiduplicity 

Then I recommend you get in touch with our technical support team who have tools at their disposal that will allow them to give you advice specific to your Sonos system and what it reports.