Skip to main content
Answered

How do I connect my Five to my vintage record player

• 30 June 2023
  • 2 replies

Hi community,

I recently purchased the Five, which works and sounds great however I purchased the Five in order to connect my old 1980s record player together with my vintage amplifier but I can’t get any sound 😥 I think it’s best to show you a pic of the options I have in order to connect the line in (I bought 3.5mm jack to 2 RCA cable). Looking at the picture provided, where do I plug it into? I’ve tried everything except for the speaker component as the RCA doesn’t fit it. Please help as it’s been a days of days of trying with no sound. I’ve also tried all the Source levels in the Sonos app to see if that’s causing the issue, but that doesn’t seem to fix it.

Back of the record player and amplifier
Front of record player and amplifier
Back of the Sonos five with RCA cable connected

Plug into the ‘Rec’ jacks on Tape 1 or Tape 2.  You will need to switch on Tape Monitor for the appropriate connection, then choose Line-In for a source in the Sonos app. 

Thank you @jgatie woo hoo this worked !! The sound quality isn’t the best but I suspect it’s time for a new needle or I’ll need to adjust the arm. But so happy I now have sound to the speaker 👏🏼