Skip to main content
Answered

Green led since a week or two

• 30 June 2024
  • 7 replies

Since a week or two, my speakers have a green led after being inactive for a few hours. I have switched the status lights off in the settings, to no avail.

Why are the lights on, and how do I turn them off?

Esprcially in a bedroom at night, I don't want a green glow all over the walls and ceiling.

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

Green is usually indicating Mute, un-mute and it should go away.

Userlevel 3

Thx @Stanley_4, they are actually muted, and unmuting fixes the green led. The thing though is, I never muted them. It started happening since a week or two. It looks as if groups (it’s always goups, never single speakers) mute themselves after a while.

Example: I fall asleep with music, using a timer. Then I wake up in the middle of the night with all speakers having a green light. Or, I come home after the office and all speakers in the living room have a green led, even though I never muted them.

I’d love an answer to this as well. I have the same issue with 2 sets of Sonos gear. My Arc sits there with a constant green light when the TV is not in use, and my pair of Sonos Ones do exactly the same whenever they’re not playing anything.

I presumed this was a recent update, but boy is it annoying.

Everything was fine a few weeks ago, no green lights anywhere.

Hopefully there’ll be a fix along soon.

Same for me too. Although with my system it's happening on individual speakers. Watching TV last night and the bar muted itself in the middle of the film (no green light on the play bar ) Just listening to the radio on the roam, randomly muted. 

Walking up in the middle of the night to a bright green led regularly, and usually have to increase the volume before I start any new music.

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

I’m seeing the random muting here too, no clue why but there are several topics discussing it here.

Adding one of these to the one aggravating me.

https://www.amazon.com/Blocking-Stickers-Electrical-Appliances-Blackout/dp/B0BYVX975K/ref=sr_1_4

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @MrMouse 

Welcome to the Sonos Community!

Thanks for reporting - we are aware of an issue whereby speakers will randomly set their volume to 0, and are investigating. We have no ETA for a resolution at present.

I’ll update this thread once the issue has been fixed.

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @MrMouse 

We now consider this issue to be resolved. If you still experience this behaviour, please ensure both your Sonos system and Sonos app are fully up-to-date and if still seeing the same problem, I recommend you get in touch with our technical support team who have tools at their disposal that will allow them to give you advice specific to your Sonos system and what it reports. Thanks.