Answered

Finding Dolby Atmos music on Amazon Music Unlimited

• 15 April 2023
  • 1 reply

Userlevel 2
Badge +5

From other forums I have learnt that I am not the only one

Here is my post from the others

I am new to Sonos and Dolby Atmos music.
My Era300 arrived yesterday and I signed up for a 3-month trial of Amazon Music Unlimited which includes Spatial Sound
The problem is finding it via the Sonos App.
It appears that you cannot tell if it is an DA album until you start playing it and then a little badge appears.
I downloaded the desktop version of AMU and tried searching for Dolby Atmos stuff through there. I notice they have quality badges
HD
Ultra HD
Dolby Atmos
Even the ones that were listed as Dolby Atmos albums only had the Ultra HD badge and not the DA badge. Now that might be because AMU is too clever and knows that my PC is not set up for DA.
So, finally, my question is
How can I locate Dolby Atmos music albums on the Sonos S2 app without having to press play on every album?
ta
ps AMU Amazon Music Unlimited
DA Dolby Atmos

icon

Best answer by Jamie A 18 April 2023, 13:38

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

Hi @Steve251, welcome to the Sonos Community!

Currently it isn’t possible to see these badges without playing the track itself, however I’ve marked this as a feature request for our developers.

What Amazon recommend for finding HD/Atmos/Spatial music, is to search for playlists containing keywords such as "Spatial", "Atmos" or "3D-Audio", which you can also do in the Sonos S2 app.

I hope this helps and please keep the ideas coming!