Answered

error code 1101 and not playing music

• 26 March 2023
  • 1 reply

We had to turn power off to our whole house briefly and now Sonos will not play music. Tried rebooting modem and Arc. Tried updating system and get error code 1101. 

icon

Best answer by Airgetlam 26 March 2023, 20:31

View original

1 reply

Probably need a lot more information to give you intelligent guidance. According to the FAQ, , 1101 is apparently a failure for your system to reach the Sonos update servers. In general, I’d try a few things.

First, I’d wire a speaker to your router directly with an Ethernet cable, temporarily, while troubleshooting. It can be removed later. Just don’t wire a surround speaker or a subwoofer, the nature of those connections is different. 

Next, I’d double check for any restrictions, such as VPNs or virus protection programs, running either on your controller, or on the router.

Finally, I’d do a more careful network refresh on your LAN, by unplugging all Sonos devices from power, then rebooting your router (yes, again). Give the router a couple of minutes to come back up before you plug in your Sonos devices again. Start with the one you’ve temporarily wired. Then plug in the rest. Give them a minute or two to boot up and reconnect before testing.

It’s likely one of those three suggestions will fix the system, at which point you can remove the temporary cable. 

However, if the issue persists, please provide more data so that we can build a better mental image of your network and Sonos system. Or, you can skip the community, and call Sonos Support directly to discuss it.