Answered

Era 300 stereo pair with sub sound dropping out

• 23 July 2023
  • 2 replies

Hi all- 

I have two era 300 speakers paired with a gen 3 sub for music playback via iPhone. The set up will not trueplay tune, seems like the right speaker isn’t sending out tones as it should be, and when the process fails the right speaker continues to tone as if it is delayed. 

When playing back music the right speaker often drops out entirely. 

Both speakers are on the same network. I’ve tried restarting my router and resetting and re-adding both era 300’s. Can’t seem to resolve the issue. 

Any ideas?

icon

Best answer by jakesilv 25 July 2023, 16:47

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

Sounds like communications issues, have you tried the otter two available WiFi channels?

Any electronic devices within 3 feet of any of the Sonos, not just ones with radios? Try unplugging them for a quick test to see if they are causing the issues.

Stanley, 

Thank you for your help. Your suggestion had me looking at my network for the issue. I was shocked to see the Era 300 were not using Sonos Net. I think this is a mistake by Sonos as Sonos Net works wonderfully. But for whatever reason Sonos went with wifi 6 over Sonos Net on the ERA series. 

The ERA 300 were bouncing back and forth between my 2.4ghz and 5ghz networks. This hadn’t been an issue before for me with a house full of Sonos gear as everything used Sonos Net. 

I renamed my 2.4ghz network and removed it from the Sonos App, this took several tries at it kept popping up even after having been deleted. Not sure why that happened. 

I also added a gen 3 sub to the Era 300 pair. Now those three speakers are running well over my 5ghz network. I can confirm that this set up sounds excellent. I also tried the Era 300 as rear surrounds and I feel they are wasted in that configuration, but I know that isn’t a popular opinion. 

Thank you again for your time