Answered

Era-300 clicking sound

• 27 December 2023
  • 1 reply

I have Era-300’s that have a static and click sound when the speaker starts or stops sound.  The speakers are in a very quiet room so this sound can be heard by everyone that has listened to the system. This occurs if you mute or any sound stops from the source.  My best guess is the speaker is going into a standby about 2 seconds after sound stops.

I read other threads about some issue that was resolved with an update in May.  This must not be the same issue as I am having it today.  I have tried for a replacement and have a similar, albeit less loud, version of this click.

I have tried swapping sides, resetting the speaker, using it in a pair or alone, with and without trueplay.  It sounds like a hardware defect. Has anyone else experienced this issue and have a resolution?

icon

Best answer by Ken_Griffiths 27 December 2023, 00:27

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

No, I’m not noticing it, maybe it’s the Amp, or switching power supply. If it’s that loud though, I would maybe video record it and it maybe best to submit a Sonos system diagnostic report from within the Sonos App, note it’s reference and then contact/chat with Sonos Support Staff via this LINK and see what the Staff can perhaps suggest to resolve the matter.