Answered

Era 300 Bluetooth Pairing with TV

• 22 February 2024
  • 5 replies

So I have a stereo pair of Era 300s used for music listening. I have them on the either side of my TV facing the couch. Recently I found out that my TV can send stereo signal via Bluetooth to the speakers, which works flawlessly and sounds pretty decent after the initial pairing. However, during subsequent watching, there are cut-outs intermittently  . 

I’ve gone through the support route but all I got was the generic recommendation to disconnect and reconnect the pairing, which also does not always resolve the problem from my experience. And frankly, I just don’t want to do it every time I want to watch TV.

Wondering if anyone else has experienced this and found a fix? 

Thanks in advance! 

icon

Best answer by Stanley_4 22 February 2024, 05:39

View original

5 replies

It’s possible the bandwidth necessary to maintain a good connection is being impacted by interference, Sonos has a good relatively generic reference about wifi interference that might be worth perusing. Much of it would likely be applicable to Bluetooth. 

Unfortunately, you’re skipping most of the Sonos system, so it may be hard to lean on Sonos support a whole bunch. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

I’d look into using the Line-In instead of Bluetooth.

Certainly would be a significantly better signal. Bluetooth is, by definition, compressed. 

Appreciate both your opinions. I get the potential wireless interference of BT streaming however, one would think that for devices that are right next to each other physically, the connection would be perfect. I might give changing the wireless channel a try. 

The line-in solution would fix this for sure however i don’t know if my OCD could handle seeing a line dangling from the TV to the speaker which is on a stand. 😁

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

Bluetooth is a pain, in addition to the compression - too close and it barfs, too far and it drops.

I have Bluetooth hearing aids tied to my phone and if I get it too close to my face it scrambles the audio and if I forget to pick it up and walk away it drops.