Skip to main content

As an early adopter, I am beyond frustrated with this product at this time.

There’s constant breaking upgrades.

After I finally made time for the S2 upgrade and started recycling my setup (3 Play:5, 1 Connect Amp into wired ceiling speakers, 1 Sub), I can’t discover my second Play:5 nor my Sub.

All the documentation I find online seems outdated. Do NOT tell me I need to wire any of my SONOS products into my router---I paid $$$ to avoid wiring.

Extremely annoyed at this point.

Oh, I may have been venting above, but actually have some questions:

• System of 3 Play:5s, 1 Connect Amp, 1 Connect (into wired ceiling speakers), 1 sub---worked perfectly until upgrade to S2
  • Cycled router and all Sonos equipment
  • 1 Play:5 came back, so did the Connect for the ceiling speakers. 2 Play:5s and Sub won’t show up when I try to re-add them. Tried factory reset, no dice.

What should I try next?

I see that your profile shows that you have a Play:5 (Gen 1). Are either of the Play:5s that won’t show up on the app Gen 1 models?

@GuitarSuperstar thanks for responding.

However, I’m not sure I understand what you’re asking. What are “app Gen 1 models”? I didn’t know I had to get a degree in Sonos when I bought a couple of speakers 5+ years ago. This seems harder than my day job as a cloud architect moving big data around.

Post a photo of the two Play:5 speakers that won’t show up on the app so we can determine what specific model they are. Some speaker models aren’t compatible with the S2 app.

Thanks @GuitarSuperstar . Will follow up with pics tomorrow.

I bough all 3 Play:5s at the same time, one works, two don’t.

I also wonder why I was forced to upgrade to S2 when it would brick my expensive system.

I am livid---but appreciate your time and help :-}

It would likely help to temporarily wire the missing PLAY:5’s to your network.