Skip to main content
Answered

Downgrade Symfonisk Bookshelf gen1 to S1

I can't downgrade the speaker to S1, unfortunately I have 2 speakers stopping me from moving to S2 so I need to do this downgrade. I installed v16.1 of the app but it prevents me from doing the downgrade and instead forces an update of the app. The wait time on the phone is 60 minutes  (probably due to all the new app issues) and I can't wait that long during open hours....is there a way to do this at all anymore?

19 replies

I’m having this issue, too. Why doesn’t a factory reset remove the S2 software from the speaker? 

is there any way to move a Symfonisk v1 speaker from an S2 to an S1 system?

Thanks, Mark

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

At the moment it’s not possible to use the S1 downgrade tool. We have to wait until Sonos adds this option again with one of the next updates. 

Thanks for the quick reply, Ralf. 

This is really ridiculous and disappointing when I’ve invested in more than 20 Sonos speakers. I’m running an S2 system at my home and an S1 system with some of my older Play:5 speakers at my cabin, and because I bought some ERA 300s for my home now I’m just wanting to move some older Symfonisk V1 speakers  to the cabin’s S1 system. It’s crazy that I can’t do that…

Thanks, Mark

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

@Mark MN 

Of course it is… and though we don’t know exactly how long it will take that update to be released it’s definitely announced to come back. So let‘s try to look at this from the only positive point of view. 😉

I call *.  I lost 5 subs due to this issue.  Fix it sonos. and fix it now!!!!

*Moderator Note: Modified in accordance with the Community Code of Conduct.*

I call *.  I lost 5 subs due to this issue.  Fix it sonos. and fix it now!!!!

*Moderator Note: Modified in accordance with the Community Code of Conduct.*

I have over 100K in sonos products and this new app and updates are causing me grief I have never experienced before.  Not impressed.  If you are going to brick s1 then let's just do it.  

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

I call bulls***.  I lost 5 subs due to this issue.  Fix it sonos. and fix it now!!!!

How exactly could you “lose” 5 subs due to the inability to revert to S1?

for some reason they auto upgrade to s2 without my permission.  I know what I am doing.  

I run two systems dues to s1.  I am not prepared to replace 10 ZP100 that are still working.  The subs were working with them and not they are not after some unknown update.  I need to downgrade 5 subs and I will be happy.  

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

@erickorp 

Even it‘s not possible to update them to S2 without your decision to have updates enabled, I suggest to call Sonos support team. Maybe in the meantime until S1 downgrade is available again via app they can help you in another way. 

I don’t even know how to ‘auto-update’ from S1 to S2, I thought it required a positive click action in the Sonos controller, and couldn’t be part of the autoupdate procedure.

Userlevel 1
Badge

Calling or chatting with Support team is useless: you get the same reply. Writing to the CEO gives a standard reply that doesn’t come anywhere near addressing the downgrade issue. We are hostages now. That is when ego’s refuse to accept that they rather should have th humility to turn back to the previous, working system…

For some reason 5 of my subs upgraded to S2 without me knowing so.  They are now useless.  I hope the downgrade option shows up in the next upgrade.  This new APP is causing way too many issues.  Why fix something that is not broken.  There are no benefits to the new APP and I hate now that there is no CPU app and it's all online based.  Not impressed SONSOS!!!!!

Any time frame on the “downgrade to s1” release? (Or at least don't force upgrade to v80 from v16)

BTW , the v80 Sonos app has THE worst rating in Google Play Store I've ever seen: 1.2 stars.

I called and spoke to an "advisor" a few days after this happened in May (my speaker was in transit to me when the ability for it to join my system was lost), and they said "weeks" when I asked repeatedly is it going to be days, months or years....this is now becoming months - hopefully not years or I've bought an expensive stand alone radio!

I would like to know how downgrade my papy one and symphonies because i really don’t like sonos S2

i need to have S2 for my new symphonisk using with my paybar and sub but i‘m really disgusted to use sonos S2 with all may sonos system. No podcast, no so clear than S1

please help me i need a solution

Downgraded a home to S1 today. You might find your answer here.

In addition you might want to try downgrading before the next app / firmware update - 16.3 firmware might already not allow anymore, have not tried as I did not let that firmware update happen here

New iOS app 80.05.04 - be wary folks!