Answered

Connection Problems - New Router

• 11 January 2024
  • 8 replies

I have a new broadband router and supplier today, so all of my Sonos products have gone offline. I have tried to reconnect but none of the Sonos products will accept my WIFI password when it comes to the final connection.  I have connected 2 mobile phones, a Mac, a Laptop, a Remarkable and an iPad and the wifi password has worked on every one of them.  I ave tried and retried this same password on my Sonos products, I’ve put the password as visible so that I can check and double check it, but it simply will not connect to the network. WTF am I doing wrong?

icon

Best answer by Airgetlam 11 January 2024, 19:30

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

8 replies

Do you know what kind of WiFi signal your Sonos is trying to connect to? Does it conform to the Sonos Network Requirements ?

I have sometime found it easier to wire one device to my router when making these sorts of changes, at least until I get it done, then I remove that cable. Have you tried that?

Have you called Sonos Support directly to discuss it?

Userlevel 7

Hi

Follow the instructions in this link to connect to new router/ISP.

Thanks for both messages, I had previously tried to wire a device in but for some reason it didn’t work.  I tried wiring a different device and this time all good and system now back on.  Thanks for the help.

Sonos units missing from your App is an issue but there is a simple solution.😁

in your Sonos App go to ‘systems’ then scroll down to ‘NETWORK’. You will see SonosNet Channel. Open this and you will see 3 channels 1,6,11. One will be ticked.

Next you need to identify which channel your router is set on. Most routers have a channel setting set to Auto however this needs to be changed to that that is set up on the Sonos system. ie. if your Sonos system is set to channel 6 then the Router also needs to be set to channel 6. The Auto setting will be channel selective. If you change the Sonos channel ticked just make sure your routers channel matches.

This has worked for me.

This will work….if that’s the reason why you’re having a disconnect. There are many other potential reasons.

But I’m concerned that you’re responding 11 days later to a post that essentially says it has been fixed. Why is that?

Userlevel 7

This will work….if that’s the reason why you’re having a disconnect. There are many other potential reasons.

But I’m concerned that you’re responding 11 days later to a post that essentially says it has been fixed. Why is that?

I think 🤔 maybe the OP was trying to offer an alternative solution that should have been started as a “topic” of conversation rather than posting in a resolved issue. But as you stated there are other potential reasons.

Primarily I had not logged in to the Forum, however after looking at Network Channel setting, it made sense to look at the Router settings.

Just passing on information following a week of successful operation!! 

To Ajtrek1

Thanks for the advice will remember next time.