Skip to main content
Answered

connecting to new router

Hi guys I’ve just received a new router and my phone is connected to the new router but my Sonos won’t connect as it says it has to be on the same network as my phone how do I do this please just keeps coming up device not found ??? 

10 replies

Follow the instructions in the new router - installation instructions FAQ.

Hi we have tried all the above but still no joy. Please help

Badge

Similarly I have followed all the new router installation hacks but still no joy the app cannot locate any of my speakers. although the broadband app recognises that there is a Sonos wifi available.

Userlevel 2

My app doesn’t give me the option to update network/select new router.  This update continues to disappoint.  The instructions, as drafted, are simply not available in the app.

If I had a new router right now, I’d definitely set it up with my old router’s SSID and password, so Sonos didn’t notice the change. 

Having the same issue.  Did you find a solution? 

Same problem here, the app doesn’t give an option to update the network/select new router?

Userlevel 2

Same issue here.  If I plug in one speaker to the router directly, it will stream to the other speakers in my home; but, then I lose that one speaker.  It simply acts as the router.  The instructions are not working and have not worked.  I just updated with the lastest update to the app and still no joy.  I am ready to trash this system - still no local music access either.  It’s incredibly frustrating and Sonos simply does not seem to care.  

Userlevel 2

Wow - not only am I having the same issue, after the latest update, Sonos doesn’t work to accept my comment consistently?  It’s weird.  Anyway, I did find that plugging one speaker into my new router worked to stream to my other speakers.  Although I did lose a speaker in the solution as the router/speaker is now acting as my router.  Also, the latest update did nothing to permit access to my local music library - something Sonos has promised to fix.  Every time I try to fix what Sonos broke after each update, my issues seem to not have been the priority for the update.  If I’m doing something wrong, please let me know - on either count.  I’ve followed the instructions, which aren’t presented in the app the way they are described on the FAQ page either.  It isn’t working.  Same for adding my music library.

I also have this issue, what is the Quality of  Sonos  when you cant change to a new wifi  easily. All my antohter Product that uses wifi was only to change it in the app and it works fine.

Now i need to reset all my 9 Sonos speaker to change my wifi. It sucks