Answered

connecting gen 1 play 5 and gen 1 play 1 to new router

• 6 December 2023
  • 1 reply

We’d been noticing for a few months that we’d go to use our Dinis speakers and on our app on either phone… some features were greyed out meaning Dinis would nt work. This was intermittent though. Then we got a new bt router and we can’t connect up the play 5 or 1…it gets as far as asking for password after it’s done tge chime but then no matter if I put in my wireless password /key or the admin password for hub manager or my sonos password … none will work and it just says can’t connect 

I know classed as old now but it seems to be crazy to have to replace these as when working sound great! 
can anyone help please? 

icon

Best answer by Jamie A 7 December 2023, 12:13

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

Hi @HelenC, welcome to the Sonos Community!

I would recommend following the steps in our support article for Connecting Sonos to a new router. There are different instructions depending on what Sonos app you use, so make sure you check if you’re using the S1 app or the S2 app.

It may be worth temporarily wiring one of your speakers to your router via an Ethernet cable, then when your system is running again, setup Sonos as a wireless system.

If you’ve reset your system, then I’d suggest our general setup guide instead. 

I hope this helps!