Answered

Connect Bluetooth Headphones To Sonos

• 25 March 2024
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +3
  • Prominent Collaborator I
  • 88 replies

I have a pair of Apple AirPods Max and was hoping there was a way of making them work with my Sonos Amp to get wireless sound to them via a line in source.  I stumbled upon this link which made it appear it was possible using Bluetooth 5.0.  No luck so far, is this fake news?

https://soundscapehq.com/can-i-connect-bluetooth-headphones-to-sonos/

For what they say, Sonos would have to output bluetooth which I’m not convinced is possible.

icon

Best answer by jgatie 25 March 2024, 18:08

View original

5 replies

I have a pair of Apple AirPods Max and was hoping there was a way of making them work with my Sonos Amp to get wireless sound to them via a line in source.  I stumbled upon this link which made it appear it was possible using Bluetooth 5.0.  No luck so far, is this fake news?

https://soundscapehq.com/can-i-connect-bluetooth-headphones-to-sonos/

That article is complete BS.  Sonos devices, if they support Bluetooth, are Bluetooth receivers only.  Sonos makes no Bluetooth transmitting devices.  About the only way to make Sonos compatible with  Bluetooth headphones is to get a Sonos Port and connect a Bluetooth transmitter to its analog audio output. 

Userlevel 4
Badge +3

I’ve read speculation that Sonos has plans to introduce a wireless pair of headphones at some point.  For them to work like any other Sonos device they would have to be able to receive wi-fi signals.  They would also have to be able to work with Bluetooth for them to be viable as well.  

The only advantage they would offer is their ability to work with the Sonos app and also the ability for me to listen wirelessly to my vinyl without the need for a kludgy setup requiring some kind of Bluetooth transmitter.

I imagine Sonos is still weighing whether such headphones would be marketable.

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

@John76

After all that user request for such headphones imo Sonos already has decided, if they will work on such  a product or not. So reading the current rumors about the topic I’m sure we soon will know how Sonos decided. 😎

I’ve read speculation that Sonos has plans to introduce a wireless pair of headphones at some point.  For them to work like any other Sonos device they would have to be able to receive wi-fi signals.  They would also have to be able to work with Bluetooth for them to be viable as well.  

The only advantage they would offer is their ability to work with the Sonos app and also the ability for me to listen wirelessly to my vinyl without the need for a kludgy setup requiring some kind of Bluetooth transmitter.

I imagine Sonos is still weighing whether such headphones would be marketable.

If rumors can be trusted, Sonos is well beyond the point of determining whether Sonos headphones are marketable or not.

Badge +1

The only way you can use headphones with the sonos optical in system is by using your TVs Optical out and hard wiring your headphones to an optical splitter from the tv's optical output, that shares the Playbar then transmits to the sub and the satellite ones.