Answered

Changing wireless network - symphonisk

• 24 November 2022
  • 3 replies

Badge

hello

I have a Play 5 Gen 2 and want to pair a synphonisk bookshelf with it.

when I powered on registered it ok with the app but it locked onto the 2 g wirelss netwrok in the house not the 5 that the other sonos product is on .

Now I cannot register the symph not can I change its netwrok

Can someone offer any help

I have to say this is why I will never buy a sonos sound bar - my senhieser ambeo you turn on the Tv it works. no updates no internet rubbish , no difficulty

thanks

icon

Best answer by Corry P 28 November 2022, 17:12

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +2

bonjour,

vos réseaux wifi sont ils identiques : 

est-ce que le 2.4 ghz et le 5 ghz ont le même nom (ssid) et le même mot de passe. sinon pour sonos ce sont 2 réseaux différents et forcement pas sur le même système.

ensuite quand les 2 réseaux seront identique alors effectué un reset de la symph. et recommencer son installation.

cordialement

Mod Edit:

Google Translate-

hello, 

Are your wifi networks identical:

does the 2.4 ghz and 5 ghz have the same name (ssid) and the same password. otherwise for sonos these are 2 different networks and necessarily not on the same system.

then when the 2 networks are identical then perform a reset of the symph. and restart the installation.

Cordially

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @Iplaymusic04 

Thanks for your post!

It won’t matter which frequency your speakers are connecting to - as long as there’s no Isolation feature in the router’s settings that is activated.

5GHz WiFi does not go through solid objects as well as 2.4GHz, and has less range, so it may be that the new speaker simply can’t connect to it. As mentioned, however, it shouldn’t matter.

To get a speaker that you’re trying to setup on a particular band/SSID, you’ll need to make sure that the device running the app is connected to the same before starting.

As for the actual issue you encountered, however, if switching your router off for at least 30 seconds, and only continuing when the Sonos app is showing it’s connected to your Play:5, doesn’t help then I recommend you get in touch with our technical support team, who have tools at their disposal that will allow them to give you advice specific to your Sonos system and what it reports.

I hope this helps.

Badge

SOLVED!

sorry for late reply was  away working.

I found the only way to get the symphonisk on the same wi fi network as my other S2 products was to tap it using NFC on my phone and make sure the mobile is on the network you wish to connect it to.

Entering details and serial numbers in manually would always make the speaker revert to the 2GZ network.