Answered

Changed wifi password (did not change router) cannot reconnect system

• 20 November 2023
  • 3 replies

I was able to get my Sonos Move back online, but I can’t get the rest of the system back online. I have unplugged the playbar, reconnected and plugged in an ethernet cable. It flashes white, then goes to solid white, then I go through the Product Set Up and select Playbar, press and release the two buttons that make it flash orange, and then it finally goes to solid orange. I just don’t know how to get my system back online and I’m so frustrated. Any advice is appreciated!

icon

Best answer by Stanley_4 21 November 2023, 02:17

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

Can you change your password back and see if that gets you connected to your Sonos again?

If that works try connecting one Sonos with Ethernet before changing the WiFi password, then change the Sonos password to match and give things a minute or two to update.

Did you use any unusual characters in your new password? Maybe stick to a-z, A-Z and 0-9 and see if that works.

https://support.sonos.com/en-us/article/connect-sonos-to-a-new-router-or-wi-fi-network

Unfortunately I have to use a special character in the password now for the wifi. Do you think that’s what the issue is?

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

Might be time to contact Sonos support by phone and have them take a look.

What changed in your router that you now have to use special characters?