Question

cant connect speakers or update app

• 10 May 2024
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 1

I went through the set up process of adding a new speaker (the first button in the app to add a speaker) the arc from Costco. It connects and then says at the end it may not appear in the system settings and to unplug and replying it in. That doesn’t work. I then clicked connect to existing system and it scans my WiFi connects to the system i set up but then says I need to do a software update (not iOS) to use the speaker. 

it takes me to a screen with start update, brings the pop up log in page and I try to sign in. I do (even though I’m signed into the app already) and then it crashes I try again and immediately crashes without letting me type like the first time. Then says to sign in as the system owner but there is no log in now. I can only exit this loop by reinstalling the app or restarting my phone but then it just repeats itself over again. 

I think this might be a new app issue as I’ve heard the new Sonos app update sucks from a UI perspective 

3 replies

Userlevel 1

Having the same problem. 

Userlevel 1

Having the same problem. 

So after an hour and a half on hold wait and another half hour troubleshooting, Sonos basically said it’s a setup error loop happening on iOS devices running iOS 17. 
Their solutions:

1. Set it up on an android. Who the hell has one if they have an iphone??
  2. Use an iPad to set up or use another iPhone not on ios17. Then reset the Sonos app after reinstalling on the iOS 17 device so you can access settings in the app by going to the settings then reset.  Then you can use your original iphone. Dumb because you now have to go buy an iPad just to install your speakers as most iPhones have updated to 17 by now. 
  3. Wait for them to release a new app update…. Whenever that is but they have no clue