Skip to main content
Answered

Can’t connect Sonos 5 to amp

• 17 December 2022
  • 2 replies

Any idea why I can’t connect my Sonos 5 and amp? I have a turntable with line in to amp, it will play on all my Sonos speakers apart from the Sonos 5. All other speakers will connect to the Sonos 5, for example I can play the tv through Sonos 5. But just can’t get the amp and 5 to work together. I have factory reset everything and created a brand new home network, but still can’t get the two products to work together. Any suggestions would be welcome…

2 replies

Are they both running the same Sonos operating system, either S1 or S2? Have they been set up as part of the same system, both showing up at the same time in the Sonos controller, so you can ‘group’ them?

Please stop resetting them, it rarely resolves any issue, and most often erases any diagnostic information that might help the folks at Sonos help you. Any factory resets should essentially only be done as a last resort, and when instructed to do so, particularly by Sonos….however, may (and I emphasize may) be necessary if you have them set up as two different systems, where they can’t ‘see’ each other. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @Kinking 

Welcome to the Sonos Community!

The issue seems related to the fact that Sky boxes repeat the Wi-Fi coming from a Sky router, but not very well. The majority of your speakers are connecting to this. I suspect that if you turn your Sky (Q?) box off and on again, you will see better results. At least for a while.

To resolve permanently, I would recommend that your wire one Sonos device to ethernet, but you have already done so - and yet SonosNet is not being used, for some reason, even though the Amp’s radio has not been disabled. Therefore, I recommend you get in touch with our technical support team, for some more in-depth troubleshooting.

I hope this helps.