Skip to main content
Answered

Can I connect a Sonos play 1 and multiple “One SL” devices via the s2 app?

• 15 February 2023
  • 1 reply

I have recently been used 3 x One SL speakers via my s2 app. At the same time, I have never unplugged my original Play 1 (a combination of nostalgia and a really difficult to reach plug). I have always tried to “add” my play 1 as a device but with no joy and I had pretty much given up on this being an option (just not unplugging it ..) 

I randomly turned to my Sonos App this evening for some music and the system seemed to not just have forgotten my ONE SL speakers but started belting out a bit of The Struts (if you want a modern day Freddie anyone…) - out of my old speaker! 

I knew the risk .. but I tried to force restart the app and pair my ONE SL speakers - they are now up and running but the system again cannot find my Play 1 (I should stress this is plugged via cat5 directly to the router) .. but I know the system now for the liar that it is .. so my question is.. can I connect all of these at once? I have a bridge hanging around somewhere if that will work? 

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Forget the Bridge

Disconnect the cable to the Play:1.

Factory reset the Play:1.

Add the Play:1 to your existing system 

Reconnect the Play:1 by cable.