Answered

Both speakers dropping wifi weekly.

• 18 February 2023
  • 4 replies

Not unlike several threads I've seen recently that have gone unanswered or deflected by Sonos, I have two Sonos One speakers that have been randomly disconnected from Wi-Fi now weekly with no solution.  I unplug and reconnect...nothing. Always with the same message from the Sonos app: “unable to connect to Sonos, let's fix it!”  Well, nothing is being fixed. They were fine for the first 4 months in my office so it's not an IP issue, etc. Why is this happening now?

icon

Best answer by Stanley_4 19 February 2023, 02:12

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Not unlike several threads I've seen recently that have gone unanswered or deflected by Sonos, I have two Sonos One speakers that have been randomly disconnected from Wi-Fi now weekly with no solution.  I unplug and reconnect...nothing. Always with the same message from the Sonos app: “unable to connect to Sonos, let's fix it!”  Well, nothing is being fixed. They were fine for the first 4 months in my office so it's not an IP issue, etc. Why is this happening now?

Wifi interference? Duplicate ip addresses? What happens if you:

- power down your speakers and router, then

- restart your router, then

- wait till it’s fully restarted and wifi is running, and then

- power up your Sonos devices, one at a time? 

Tried all of the above. If everything else in my office is connected and experiencing no problems then why do I need to reset anything to make my speakers work? Clearly it's not a Wi-Fi issue. It's a Sonos issue. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Tried all of the above. If everything else in my office is connected and experiencing no problems then why do I need to reset anything to make my speakers work? Clearly it's not a Wi-Fi issue. It's a Sonos issue. 

Then why do so many of us have stable, reliable systems? I’ve gone through the last 10+ system updates and several years’ running time without issues. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

I see two clear choices:

Demand Sonos fix the problem.

Set static/reserved IP addresses in your router’s DHCP. Then reboot everything.

Guess which I’ve been waiting on for many years and which one fixed my problems in 15 minutes.