Bluetooth connected but no sound

• 18 November 2023
  • 286 replies

Userlevel 3

I have a bluetooth turntable (Sony PS-LX310BT) connected to an Era 100. Everything was working fine and easily until yesterday when there was no sound coming out of the speaker while connected. The speaker still connects as soon as the turntable is on. I’ve reset the speaker. The turntable connects and plays audio with a different speaker connected and my Era 100 plays when connected through my phone and computer, just not sure what’s happening now when the turntable and speaker are connected. They were working together as recently as two days ago. 

Jamie A 2 months ago

Hi Everyone!

As some of you have noticed with the lastest update, we are pleased to share that a fix has been deployed regarding the issue of no audio playing when an Era 100 is connected to a turntable.

The update applies to both the Sonos app and Sonos Speakers, please make sure that you update the Sonos app via the App Store or Play Store, then your system by checking for updates in the Sonos app. This update fixes the issue, however if you are still experiencing issues with connecting to your Era 100 we would ask you to reach out to our support team directly

We apologise for the inconvenience this has caused in regards to using your Sonos system and we thank you all for your patience while we worked to on developing a fix.

Thank you to all users who submitted diagnostics of their systems as well as providing turntable model numbers which helped us re-create this issue on our end and ultimately resolve this issue.

View original

286 replies

Then return it to Sonos, if you bought it there. They’ll refund you. Or to wherever you purchased it, although I can’t speak to all of the return policies…

Userlevel 7

It’s working.

i ended up giving in a buying the line in adaptor after waiting months for update. The software was updated with 24hrs of purchasing line in, so ended up wasting money to buy one and can’t return…

The line-in adapter will give you more reliable audio and it will sound better than Bluetooth.

Userlevel 1

Has anyone noticed random short cut outs using Bluetooth ?
(Single Era 300 setup)

(Single Era 300 setup)

I have not seen the issue, but maybe try a different Bluetooth audio source and see what happens in that case. Also try the speaker in a different location and if the issue persists in your case, then after reproducing the issue, immediately submit a Sonos system diagnostic report from within the Sonos App, note it’s reference and then contact/chat with Sonos Support Staff via this LINK and see what the Staff can perhaps suggest to resolve the matter.

Hi. I’m still having issues connecting my Sony PS-LX310BT to my new Era 100. I’ve got the latest software update according to my app (do I need to do anything to install it to the Sonos?) but my problem seems slightly different as the two systems won’t connect at all.  Any help would be greatly received as the sole purpose I brought the Sonos was to listen to my vinyl though it.

Hi. I’m still having issues connecting my Sony PS-LX310BT to my new Era 100. I’ve got the latest software update according to my app (do I need to do anything to install it to the Sonos?) but my problem seems slightly different as the two systems won’t connect at all.  Any help would be greatly received as the sole purpose I brought the Sonos was to listen to my vinyl though it.

You are best to perhaps try to reproduce the connection issue and then immediately submit a Sonos system diagnostic report from within the Sonos App, note it’s reference and then contact/chat with Sonos Support Staff via this LINK and see what the Staff can perhaps suggest to resolve the matter.

(Single Era 300 setup)

Yeah same here. I stream from my TV to a stereo pair actually. Really wish that sonos makes BT work better b/c the sound from the 300s is better than my TV’s 😕.

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

Have you considered using the line-in instead of Bluetooth?

Userlevel 1

(Single Era 300 setup)

I am, and we’re not the only ones as a thread was recently created. I hope that Sonos is aware of the issue and will fix it with the next update.

Badge

As per the support article :https://support.sonos.com/en/article/update-your-sonos-speakers

the update should be smooth, but it’s creating issues on my end.

What issues? Have you called Sonos Support directly to discuss it?