Bluetooth connected but no sound

• 18 November 2023
  • 289 replies

Show first post

289 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge

@Corry P do you have any updates you can share with us about this issue? 

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @mildlyinappropriate 

At present, nothing more than that we are investigating. We have no ETA in regards to when there will be a fix made available.

Userlevel 2
Badge

Sam problem here 1000€ (era100 era300 and Sony ps-lx310bt) worked before 17th november and nothing now…!

No added value…but I’m also experiencing the same described problem. I’ve just bought my Sony turntable and the same Era100. Thought I was doing something wrong… Looking forward to a solution.

I have a bluetooth turntable (Sony PS-LX310BT) connected to an Era 100. Everything was working fine and easily until yesterday when there was no sound coming out of the speaker while connected. The speaker still connects as soon as the turntable is on. I’ve reset the speaker. The turntable connects and plays audio with a different speaker connected and my Era 100 plays when connected through my phone and computer, just not sure what’s happening now when the turntable and speaker are connected. They were working together as recently as two days ago. 

Same issue - I thought the needle was broken so spent £50 on a replacement……should have read this first!

Userlevel 1

Just joined the user forum to add my frustration with this. Same issue, Sonos 100 no longer compatible with Sony turntable.  I feel the response of no ETA is unacceptable. As I'm still within the 28 day cooling off period for purcahse I will return the device next week if unresolved.

Hi my Sonos era 100 won’t connect to my Sony ps- LX310BT and it’s in my bedroom it use to connect but app it says it’s connected but no sound and the blue light does not stay blue 

Userlevel 1

Do any of the longtime Sonos users/forum commenters here have any experience with “Level 2 Tech Support” from Sonos? I called about the main problem in this thread about 2 weeks ago, and the tech escalated it to “Level 2” and told me I’d get an email to schedule a call with them. I did get the email, but stopped looking for available call slots when I didn’t find anything by early April 2024. Is “Level 2” just that busy, or is there some other issue, or some other way I should follow up?

Okay so I don't have a turntable or anything, I actually use my brand new stereo pair of era 100's for my PC. Same problem. Yesterday I connected my PC to the right speaker via bluetooth. All worked well. Then, today I turned my PC on as usual, it connected automatically to the speakers, but without audio coming through at all. Playing from my phone with bluetooth doesn't work either, contrary to other people.

HOWEVER: I tried connecting my PC to the left speaker instead of the right. Voila, it worked… for 5 minutes. While at first it was playing audio from both speakers like it should, the right speaker started cutting out every few seconds, sometimes even completely cutting out. The left speaker was playing just fine during this, but the right one was having mad trouble. Of course the left speaker is connected to my PC so that's where the bluetooth signal goes, but something is wrong when it tries to transmit that data to the right speaker. My phone works with the left speaker too.

This problem is kinda weird though:

• It's apparently a recent issue, some people have had it for months and it suddenly doesn't work, and mine were bought 3 days ago and it worked fine for 1 day before it got the same issue. Can't be hardware failure right?
  • I downloaded the software update right when I set it up the first time. So if it's a software issue, why did it work for 1 day before the problem occurred?
  • Everything works fine when playing via wifi, like spotify on my PC or phone. What's up with bluetooth?
Userlevel 1

Sonos, @Corry P, you’re going to have a lot of returned Eras on your hands if you don’t fix this ASAP. We’ve been waiting two weeks. Can’t you just push out the previous OS for us to install so we can use our equipment as intended? It worked fine! 

Might get my era returned. It works fine with Bose.

Userlevel 1

Dear @Sonos - it’s been two weeks, why not roll back the firmware since so many people are having BT connectivity issues, on both turntables and PCs?  
Might be returning my Arc + Sub + 2 Eras  on Monday and swapping it for Bose instead :/
Horrible reputation stunt right there. 

Same problem for me - any news on an update / a solution?

cheers 

Sending back my era 300. Getting a Klipsch. Bye bye Sonos.

Userlevel 2
Badge

Heeeeey @Corry P  asking again for an update 😅

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

Hi @mildlyinappropriate,

We still don’t have an ETA on this issue, however we’ve been informed that our engineering team have received the same turntable as the OP, and are troubleshooting the issue further with the same setup. 

I understand that more information would be preferable, but this is all we have to share. All I can recommend currently is to keep an eye out for any system updates, perform them when possible, and check back in this thread as we will also inform users here if there are any updates.

Count me as another user with the exact same problem. At least now I know I’m not alone. Purchased an eras 100 earlier this week with the sole purpose of connecting it to my PS-LX310BT turntable via Bluetooth. Really disappointed to find out it works with Spotify and every other streaming app, but not my record player. 

Same exact problem here with my new era 100 in combination with my Sony turntable. Really hope that Sonos can fix this problem. Otherwise I have to return my era 100 in a few days.

Same problem here! I have a bluetooth turntable (Sony PS-LX310BT) connected to an Era 100 with bluetooth. Everything was working fine and easily. Few weeks ago there was no sound coming out of the speaker while connected. I’ve try reset the speaker and reconnect to turntable again but not sound anymore…...please try to fix it ASAP…….thanks.

Just bought an Era 300 to connect into the same Sony BT deck as everyone else. This was previously cable connected to a different Bose speaker via a Sonos Port …but when grouped to other Beams I have the sound was breaking up and jumpy. Thought the Era 300 would get me back to Bluetooth connected and the Beams would play better grouped to the Era.

I unboxed the Era 300 and took the promoted update before getting going. Same result as everyone else now. Showing as Bluetooth connected but no sound through speaker. Back to day 1 again for me until this fix this!!! Grrrrrr.

Something is getting thrown at the wall soon! 

Same issue here:

• PS-LX310BT was working fine for the first few months I had my Era 100
  • PS-LX310BT still connecting to Era100 via BT but not playing audio
  • PS-LX310BT Connects and plays audio through other BT speakers (Wonderboom)
  • Era 100 plays audio from other connected BT devices (iPhone, Samsung)

Please can we get a fix for this issue.

What the status of this issue being resolved?

Hi @mildlyinappropriate,

We still don’t have an ETA on this issue, however we’ve been informed that our engineering team have received the same turntable as the OP, and are troubleshooting the issue further with the same setup. 

I understand that more information would be preferable, but this is all we have to share. All I can recommend currently is to keep an eye out for any system updates, perform them when possible, and check back in this thread as we will also inform users here if there are any updates.

How has this not been fixed yet - strudel show

Sorry to sound like a broken record (pardon the pun) but I thought I’d chime in here and register our issue: exactly the same as what others have been experiencing and reporting on this thread. We have a Sonos Era 300. We came back from holiday (9th-22nd November) and our Sony turntable (Sony PS-LX310BT) still connects to the Sonos Era 300, but no sound comes through the speaker. It’s been highly frustrating and we’ve reset both products, trying different things, etc. I’ve just come across this thread, which has saved us from our madness. Looking forward to getting a fix from Sonos! £700 of kit to not have a basic bluetooth connection isn’t satisfactory.