Question

Beam Gen 2 Optical disabled after app update

• 16 May 2024
  • 1 reply

Updated the App Yesterday knowing I’d have some issue,  but what I’m experiencing doesn’t seem to have been posted.

My Beam connects to an older TV in our bedroom which only uses Optical. After the update it stopped playing audio from the TV, I resettled the beam, and did a reconnection, and it says it longer connected to the tv. I’ve unplugged the cable, tried a different HDMI… still unable to connect.

The beam itself can pair to the system, so I’m able to play audio from it. But disappointed the app has broken the only reason we use our beam… for watching tv.

1 reply

Userlevel 1
Badge

I have the same problem. I have been without sound with my TV with my Beam 2 because the optical adapter that followed the product lost support after the update. Talked to several people on the customer service and none of them know’s why, how or what. Since we are few people complaining about this issue there is a high probability they will f us over and make us have no sound for many months ahead. Customer service told me to wait 2-3 weeks but yet no news from them.

Look up “SPDIF” on the forums. They have the same problem with toslink and analog sound after the update. Sonos does not seem to care. 

NEVER buying a Sonos product again. My Beam 2 is a few months old and I have zero sound after the update and several restores. Worst company I’ve ever dealt with.