Answered

Are Two Line-Ins into 2 Era 300s Possible?

• 12 November 2023
  • 6 replies

Badge

Currently have two Era 300s set up as a stereo pair, with one speaker connected to my Sony Turntable via its RCA outputs (and Sonos adapter). 

Is it technically possible to connect a CD player to my other Era without “confusing” Sonos? I know I could just detach the Vinyl RCAs whenever I want to listen to the CD player, but I’m wondering if it’s possible to have both units each connected to an Era, so that I never have to unhook anything. I’m also uninterested in a mixer, although would consider a low-profile one if that’s all there was. 

icon

Best answer by jgatie 12 November 2023, 21:36

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

6 replies

Yes.  Both Line-Ins can be used for a stereo pair.

Badge

Currently have two Era 300s set up as a stereo pair, with one speaker connected to my Sony Turntable via its RCA outputs (and Sonos adapter). 

Is it technically possible to connect a CD player to my other Era without “confusing” Sonos? I know I could just detach the Vinyl RCAs whenever I want to listen to the CD player, but I’m wondering if it’s possible to have both units each connected to an Era, so that I never have to unhook anything. I’m also uninterested in a mixer, although would consider a low-profile one if that’s all there was. 

Thanks. Would the app allow me to toggle between them so that I never have to disconnect them? 

Thanks. Would the app allow me to toggle between them so that I never have to disconnect them? 

Each line in will appear under Browse as its own source.

Badge

Each line in will appear under Browse as its own source.

Wow - thank you so much! A lot of the units come with a digital out. I’d imagine this is the best way to preserve audio quality. Do you know how to get a digital output to the USB-C input on the Era? 

Wow - thank you so much! A lot of the units come with a digital out. I’d imagine this is the best way to preserve audio quality. Do you know how to get a digital output to the USB-C input on the Era? 

The USB-C dongle is analog to digital only.  However, if you set it to uncompressed, the conversion is lossless, so quality will not suffer.

Badge

The USB-C dongle is analog to digital only.  However, if you set it to uncompressed, the conversion is lossless, so quality will not suffer.

Apple it. Was just wondering whether there was a way to bypass the dongle and have a cable from from the CD player’s digits out to a USB-C. If I need a dongle, then I’ll still need a digital coax( or HDMI) to 3.5 adapter to preserve the CD’s sound, right? Or does the 3.5 line out produce the same quality sound?