Answered

Arc setup

• 25 February 2024
  • 10 replies

Badge

I have an arc, 2-sonos1’s, and mini sub. It was hooked to my tv, but I want to relocate everything a distance away and listen to only music.  Can I move everything and connect by wifi or bluetooth? I tried this, but my sonos app can not see the arc or sub.

icon

Best answer by jprin 25 February 2024, 19:59

View original

10 replies

Userlevel 7

Did you have the Arc wired to your router when it was connected to the TV?

You should be able to connect over WiFi. The Arc/Ones do not allow Bluetooth connections.

Badge

no, the arc was connected to TV, not to router.

Userlevel 7

no, the arc was connected to TV, not to router.

Yes, the Arc was connected to your TV by hdmi, but I was trying to establish if your Sonos system was in a wired or wireless setup.

Did you remove the Ones from being surrounds with the Arc, or how do they appear in the app?

What is the status light led status on the Arc and Sub Mini?

Badge

Sonos was set up in a wireless setup. There are no status lights on arc or sub. Even after i restart them. Am I right the system should be able to work without being hard wired in some way to the arc?

Userlevel 7

Sonos was set up in a wireless setup. There are no status lights on arc or sub. Even after i restart them. Am I right the system should be able to work without being hard wired in some way to the arc?

Is the power socket(s) that you have the Arc and Sub Mini plugged into working? If you place the Arc back to where you had it, does it connect to the Sonos app then without being connected to your tv?

The system can and should work wirelessly. 

Badge

receptacles are powered. I can’t move it back to tv. Remodeling house. I’m encouraged to hear it should be able to work wirelessly.

Badge

The Sonos 2 app says it can’t find either the arc or sub. It takes me through diagnostic steps like rebooting sonos and router.

Userlevel 7

receptacles are powered. I can’t move it back to tv. Remodeling house. I’m encouraged to hear it should be able to work wirelessly.

Can you play music to both Ones?

if they are appearing in the app and both working, I would maybe be tempted to do a factory reset on the Arc and try adding it to the app. If that’s successful, I’d do the same on the Sub Mini.

Userlevel 7

Hi

Your Sonos equipment will work wireless without being connected to a TV. The Arc will just be a very expensive speaker with a sub and surrounds. However, assuming you set things up correctly you will see a status light in all products; unless you turned the status light off in the Sonos app under settings for the room.

Badge

Solved, although I don’t know how. I got a message in Sonos app asking to update software. Even though I had “automatic updates” invoked. I updated and it all came back on. Thanks for the help.