Answered

Annoying disconnections

• 26 December 2023
  • 8 replies

We have a play 3 and two play 1’s for 9 years and have recently had a lot of issues with lost connections. I have turned off the power, left it for a few minutes then turned it back on and it connects. This is becoming really annoying. There are no issues with the hardware and the speakers still sound great. If it is time to replace them then my question is why would I replace with Sonos if it will only work for less than 10 years?

icon

Best answer by John B 26 December 2023, 14:21

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

I’d make a diagnostic after this happens and call Sonos about it. You might want to adjust your expectations about the ability to use connected devices for longer periods. Your old non-connected amplifier should have no trouble lasting that long, but for computer related stuff ten years old is ancient. Though I read a lot about people here using even older devices.

Hi.  There is almost certainly nothing wrong with your Sonos speakers or system.  The diagnostic should help identify the issue.  There are plenty of Sonos devices that are still working perfectly as they approach 20 years of use.  Good luck to you if you actually carry out your threat to go elsewhere, before you have even tried to troubleshoot properly.

One question - does your setup involve a wired Sonos device, and if so, which one?

If you want to replace the system, for maximum long term reliability, go with an old school receiver with no network connectivity.

What is takes Sonos to fix the annoying constant HDMI ARC disconnection from the Samsung OLED TV.  people don’t buy a product to use optical cable connection, stupid idiotic recommendation from the Sonos technical team. 

PLEASE FIX THE  issue NOW!.

Samsung has to fix it, it isn’t a Sonos issue, otherwise you’d see complaints from owners of all the other TV manufacturers. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

@Grove Why post a message that is unrelated to the subject of the thread here?

@Grove Why post a message that is unrelated to the subject of the thread here?

Indeed, and why post a comment as totally misguided as @Grove’s at all