Skip to main content
Question

Alarms didn't work on the new sonos app

Hello, I am an Iphone user of the new sonos app but I can’t modify my alarms settings (desactivate, activate, delete or even create an alarm) while I am connected to my Sonos.

Is someone have a solution ?

91 replies

The alarms are working but do go off a few hours later.
If I set the alarm for 6 a.m., Sonos “goes to work” at exactly 8 a.m.
Could that have something to do with our time zone? UTC+2 (summer time)
I think there is UTC time programmed into the app. Could that be possible?

Same for me. I changed my whole alarm library to 2 hours early. Now I wait for the one morning it wakes me 4:15am instead of 6:15am :). Can’t be so difficult to fix this or at least tell us exactly when they fix it in order to change alarm back to correct time again …

Alarm issues. Like everyone, nothing but bugs and problems since the latest update. I have a temporary answer to Alarm setting but still not 100%. here goes: Not able to set up on an iPhone at all. Input all the settings, hit Save and nothing; just takes you back to beginning. However I went to Windows and an iPad and both can be set there and with choice of music. Also the Alarm you just set up then does appear on on the iPhone. However here’s the rub; the alarm comes on one hour later than set. e.g. if you want to wake up to say BBC Radio whatever at 7am. you need to set it for 6.am and remember on iPad or Windows only. Snooze now seems to work. Haven’t tried setting Alarm time to turn off at any preset time but as Snooze works maybe this will too. Spent days, deleting apps, reinstalling, de-registering, disabling/enabling, trying to find Sonos Skills (that;s even more confusing but an Amazon issue) and set up completely from scratch on both Sonos and Alexa. Thak goodness I’m going into hospital for total knee replacement tomorrow and an overnight stay; should be far less stressful.😰

When i updated to the new app on my tablet and found out that there were no alarms, I deliberately didn't update my sonos app on my phone - but damn it... now the update was forced onto my phone, without my accept! Not cool!! I

Please make the old app available for download again!

Badge +1

The alarms are working but do go off a few hours later.
If I set the alarm for 6 a.m., Sonos “goes to work” at exactly 8 a.m.
Could that have something to do with our time zone? UTC+2 (summer time)
I think there is UTC time programmed into the app. Could that be possible?

Unbelievable. The same!!!

Long story short: because I had another bug with the app (couldn’t add Apple Music service), the only workaround shared by another user on this forum was to re-initiate all my Sonos speakers and create a new system. Which of course removed all my alarms.

So I had to set them up (4 alarms in total for me and my kids). And this morning nothing…

Thanks to Louis vN I tried different times of the day and indeed… realized that there was a delay of 2 hours! Meaning, I had to setup the alarm at 5:00am for it to turn on at 7:00am!!!

I’m in France, so CEST (UTC+2), which could probably explain that… but HEY! SONOS!!! REALLY???

I’ve changed all my alarms temporarily, but one day when Sonos will fix that, I’ll have all my alarms ringing at the middle of the night…

Now another issue by the way. Because of the other bug with the 100 songs limits, if I select a Playlist for my alarm with more than 100 songs, the Sonos Chimes is used instead…

Honestly Sonos, what is wrong with you to deploy an App with so many bugs! 😤😤😤

Even with the alarms being “added” back in, I cannot set alarms on my iPhone. I create one as usual, click save and it is there in my list of alarms for a split second before disappearing. I’m not going to download a seperate app on my computer to use the system I spent thousands on to control with my phone. 

if you want to release cool new features and revamp an app, that’s great. Build the existing features in first. I don’t give a shit about the new features, and the ones I did use are broken and release date is just “when we feel like it”. Thanks for bricking my sound system, Sonos. 

I’m having a similar issue. I can set the alarm but it just won’t go off, even waited several hours to see if it’s a clock issue. Reinstalled app, tried via iPhone, iPad, android on several speakers-no joy. Just been in touch with Sonos support for over an hour via chat now and sent diagnostics too. Final response was: Engineers aware it’s happened since the latest release yesterday and to wait till it’s fixed! Well I mentioned it’s been ongoing since previous update and not the recent one. 

Looks like nobody has a clue at Sonos.. rather than ask customers to try unending methods! If anyone has a solution please share. Thanks 

Userlevel 4
Badge

The sonosapp version is now 80.02.04. Still not a possibility to set your own time. All my alarms are set 2 hours earlier. (I live in the Netherlands)
Come on Sonos, fix that in the next version!!!

Wow, I have been in different live chats yesterday evening for several hours trying to solve the problem I have with setting alarms. I even asked the Sonos team member if it could possibly have to do with time zone settings and he/she didn’t even respond to that haha...

All of a sudden, two hours into my sleep, I get woken up by an alarm I set 2 hours before to simply test its function.

Now this morning I tried with different alarms and indeed, my alarm goes off 2 hours after the set time.
Meaning if I want to wake up at 7, I need to enable my alarm for 5 o’clock. 

Now strolling through the internet, I come across this post and I am simply disappointed in the product.
Not thinking of expanding my collection any time soon if this is what goes on with Sonos products...

Hello, I am an Iphone user of the new sonos app but I can’t modify my alarms settings (desactivate, activate, delete or even create an alarm) while I am connected to my Sonos.

I have the same problem, disappointed!

m

Userlevel 4
Badge

Update 80.04.04 has now the opportunity to set date and time. Now you can set the alarms on the right time. Finally Sonos has fixed it.😨😀

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

I have the same problem, disappointed!

m

When did you last update your app and also run the system update?

Userlevel 4
Badge

Yesterday 2 July.

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

Yesterday 2 July.

Are you not seeing the alarm settings?

Userlevel 4
Badge

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

Sorry, @Louis vN - my original question asking about the app update and system update was to @Busy Bee.

I saw from your message earlier that your Alarms are working well, which is good news.

Just had to set up the system again from scratch. Experiencing the same alarm issues. Set for 6.30…goes off at 7.30.  Hard to believe in 2024.