Answered

Airplay broken since upgrading homekit

• 23 August 2023
  • 3 replies

Hello, since Apple TV upgraded its architecture (software update) AirPlay no longer connects to Sonos. 

This is exactly the same issue as this post. Now though the Sonos speakers no longer appear in the dropdown on any device. All was working fine before home hub updated itself. No reply from Apple about the issue although I’m reporting again…

TIA

icon

Best answer by Ken_Griffiths 23 August 2023, 10:48

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

What version of tvOS are you referring to here, is it a beta version? If so, note that Sonos do not support beta versions of device operating systems, even though some aspects may work. 

I have the latest HomeKit architecture installed and an Apple TV running tvOS v16.6 and that is seeing my speakers via Airplay and I can play to them. See attached screenshot. Maybe try a reboot of your router and see if that resolves the issue.

@Rowlie,

If the above doesn’t work for any reason and you have multiple devices/rooms within your Sonos system that will not connect via Airplay, then perhaps initially just choose one standalone Sonos speaker only and see what happens if you factory reset it and add it back to your existing system (via ‘add product’).

If the reset does cause it to then work with Airplay, you could go onto try resetting another speaker and perhaps reset each device, just one device at a time, but add the device back to your existing system, before moving onto the next. However consider this as being a ‘last resort’ step, if everything else fails to get Airplay working with Sonos …and only continue if the factory reset sorts the issue.

@Ken_Griffiths 

Thanks for your reply and suggestions.

It was a combination of both 16 & 17 across both IOS & TVOS and was working perfectly on all before. It broke instantly after updating the home configuration (Apple TV’s) 

I tried everything to resolve this, but now have done a full factory reset on every speaker one by one and it’s working as before across iOS 16 /17 and TVOS 17🥳 

Note to self - never contact Sonos technical support again. Ever!