Skip to main content

15.3 changes network settings

When my Sonos products updated to 15.3, many of them changed their wifi connection to my guest network.  The frustrating part is they refused to connect to my main wifi (which is a hidden network) though they were all connected to it prior to the update.  I had to reboot them and in the case of my Sub Gen 3, needed to do a factory reset.  I hope future software updates don’t require this amount of time and frustration to resolve.  

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

Hi @sinertia,

I can understand how that would be frustrating, however this should be fairly simple to fix and prevent happening in the future.

If you don’t want your speakers connecting to your guest network, then I’d recommend removing the guest network credentials from the Sonos App. You can do this by going into Settings → System → Network → Networks, then tap on the network you want to remove and tap Remove. This will prevent Sonos from connecting to the guest network as it wont have that information stored anymore.

When a Sonos speaker reboots, it will try to connect to one of the networks that it has credentials for, which was your guest network in this case.

I hope this helps!

Userlevel 3

Thanks. I appreciate your response.  I checked these setting and my guest network is not showing there as I never added the guest network to the S2 app settings.  After the recent update, I got an error message in the app that my iOS device and my devices needed to be on the same network.  I clicked on “Let’s fix this” and then was prompted to select the device that was on the wrong network.  I was unable to tell at this point because all of the S2 app was grayed out until I could fix the problem.  I then proceeded to randomly pick one of my Sonos devices and update it to my main network but was not having any luck.  I then disconnected power to all of my Sonos devices and restarted my iOS device and was then able to reboot my Sonos devices.  This worked except for the Sub G3 which I couldn't figure out so I had to factory reset.  Hopefully, this was a one time problem.

Again, appreciate the response here, @Jamie A