Answered

Turning off the microphone indicator light on Era 300

• 29 March 2023
  • 4 replies

I have a pair of Era 300s in my bedroom. While there is an option in the app to turn off the main indicator light, the only way to turn off the microphone (voice services) indicator light is to turn off the microphone.

Given that even dim lights can be annoying when sleeping (and the latest research suggest dark bedrooms are preferable), it would be good to be able to turn off the light via the app but keep the microphone on.

icon

Best answer by bockersjv 29 March 2023, 10:02

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +21

I don’t think so. The whole point is that the light cannot be off when the mic is on. Safety feature. 

A small circle of black tape will do the trick if you don’t want to turn the mic off. 

Userlevel 5
Badge +13

I use “light dims” on the ones in bedrooms, they work well

they are little stickers that you put over LED indicators to reduce the brightness.

Badge +20

I use “light dims” on the ones in bedrooms, they work well

they are little stickers that you put over LED indicators to reduce the brightness.

Yep.. have a whole selection of these. On white devices I use a silver one and then onto a white one.

I use those too, bought from Amazon. They’ve got both “blackout” and “reduction in brightness” versions….or did last time I ordered them. Wonder what drawer those are in right now…..