speakers will not connect!

• 14 January 2023
  • 1 reply

Have has Sonos for 10 years with almost zero issues until the last year, but clearly because I have original Sonos 5 speakers I guess Sonos is just trying to screw my investment in their company! Over the last year about every couple of months we end up not being to play anything over speakers…Sonos app can detect all the speakers, just will NOT connect! I guess the only way to keep customers these days is to disrupt original product and try and make you purchase another $10 in product…if this is how this company (that I told everyone I knew to buy if they were in the market) and now just a sellout to corporate greed and shareholder vs good product and customer service…if only companies would look again at good products and customer service vs short term $$, but I guess that’s what investors are looking for these days and not caring about the customer is where it’s at!

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

I think you’re misinterpreting what’s occurring with your system. All your speakers should be working fine with the S1 controller, no changes there. What I can tease out of your post could be an issue with duplicate IP addresses in your network, which can be exposed when Sonos reboots their speakers at a software update. 

The easy, temporary fix is to unplug the Sonos devices from power, then reboot the router, which forces it to reload the errant DHCP table. Give the router a couple of minutes to reload, then plug back in your Sonos devices. 

If this fixes your issue immediately, look in to how to reserve IP addresses for all your Sonos devices in your router. A router that has gotten into a ‘bad’ state might do it again. 

However, if this does not fix your issue, submit a system diagnostic within 10 minutes of experiencing this problem, and call Sonos Support to discuss it.

There may be information included in the diagnostic that will help Sonos pinpoint the issue and help you find a solution.

When you speak directly to the phone folks, they have tools at their disposal that will allow them to give you advice specific to your Sonos system and network.

There is no reason why your speakers should not be working, despite your frustration and conspiracy theories.