Answered

SONOS v. HEOS - Collateral Damage

Show first post
This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

36 replies

What an amusing thread! Hard to believe just how incredibly entitled some people feel they are. OP, Sonos owes you exactly nothing, and their speakers are far more accurate than Heos. :8
Userlevel 7
Badge +22
Well - I can see why Sonos would want to earn his business away from a competitor and offer discount.

I'm curious as to what Denon had to remove from the app because of "market research"? What were they required to do to avoid future damages?
Well - I can see why Sonos would want to earn his business away from a competitor and offer discount.

As would any other competitor. That is very different from expecting a discount from Sonos because they "hurt the consumer" by being so bold as to protect themselves from a company who willfully broke patent law.

I'm curious as to what Denon had to remove from the app because of "market research"? What were they required to do to avoid future damages?

I would too.
Userlevel 7
Don't be me and get a three year old CR-100 that had been setting in a steel shipping container for two full Phoenix summers and had the innards completely rotted. It lasted less than a month before it failed with a burst battery and cracked case.

Another comment....Caveat Emptor

One should always check the manufactured date (that usually appears somewhere on the packaging) on any product that has an internal battery. If its' 2018 and the product was manufactured in 2013 then "let the buyer beware".
I almost purchased an item (last on shelf) from a local retailer at full retail until I advised them that the product had been manufactured 2.5 years prior. I still purchased the product at 50% off and later returned it within the window when it failed to hold a charge. Point being it's just not BestBuy where one should be weary; but any retailer regarding a similar type internal battery product.

As for this thread...Sonos v HEOS (Denon)...I agree, the OP doesn't seem to be playing with a full deck :8

Cheers!
Badge
@jgatie Again, not my lawsuit, not my place to judge who is right and wrong. See it how you want but SONOS's actions have impacted the public in a negative way even if they were in the right to take such actions.

You are way off. Stop whining. Man up. Sue Denon, get your money back. Go buy Sonos gear. Period.

20 years ago I bought a mountain bike made by Devinci Cycle (a Canadian company). It had a manufacturing defect (hidden or latent defect). Their aluminum frame had a failure issue that posed a high safety risk. I sued them many years after for latent defect and won my case.

So go get your money back with Denon.
I simply blame Denon. Root Cause. They know what they were doing....
I'm interested to know what functions were disabled in the HEOS App after this?
I'm interested to know what functions were disabled in the HEOS App after this?

Rumor has it the functions were restored due to a deal between Denon and Sonos.
Bose, LG, Samsung, Bluesound, and others make a comparable product without having to unlawfully infringe on another company's patents.

Bluesound don’t, apparently. They’re now being sued by Sonos for patent infringement. Since Sonos owns all the basic patents, perhaps none of the others is immune, either.
Heh. I wonder how much of Sonos' income comes from licensing/lawsuits.
Userlevel 7
Badge +22
Winning a lawsuit usually pays a lot better than selling a license. Win in court and you have them over a barrel, when licencing you go too dear and they can walk away.