Skip to main content

Got a new Sonos Roam and added it successfully into my Sonos ecosystem however on the S2 app while I can select music to play on the roam (and it does) the app shows “no music selected” even though music is playing. This also means I can’t control playback. I can group the speak successfully and then control the music, it just doesn't work when it's just the roam. 

Another minor bug is that under Settings, Sonos Roam, EQ, Loudeness isvalways shown as off even though it's enabled. Toggling the switch confirms this. 

Hi.  These cannot be generic bugs because if they were the forum would have been drowning in posts about it by now.  I am not experiencing these issues, which are probably caused by network latency.

Initial things you might try are resetting the controller app, ‘forgetting’ your Wifi network on your phone and then reconnecting, and rebooting your router, speakers and controller device.

Please post back whether or not any of that helps.

As soon as you said WiFi network I suddenly realised what the issue was! I run my Sonos on an IOT network and didn't fix the Sonos Roam IP address to include in my firewall rules. As soon as I did both, bingo all was working. 

Thanks for the prompt, appreciated.