Answered

Sonos Roam and QI Charging

• 17 May 2021
  • 1 reply

I have been lurking on these forums since I pre-ordered the Roam a month or so back. In the last few weeks I have been watching the threads about battery drain closely. I, like others, am experiencing what I consider sub-par battery performance.

Since the software update last week (13.1) I expected improvement, but the device appears to still wake itself up (white light on at random times) and thus drain battery.

I saw a suggestion that the device was designed to constantly be sat on a QI charger when not in use. I have several Native Union QI charger’s around the house (rated: AirPods up to 5W, iPhones up to 7.5W & other Qi compatible devices up to 10W). I have been leaving the Roam on these chargers when not in use. Upon placing on the pad the white light will turn on, I assumed by design, but whenever I lift the Roam off these pads the battery is usually very low.

What’s going on? This device is very close to being returned.

(Ps. We have no other Sonos products so I only have the app installed to check the battery status, never to send music)

icon

Best answer by AjTrek1 17 May 2021, 20:32

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Userlevel 7

Hi...Try this….

1. Reset your Roam as instructed in this link and set it up.
  2. Rather than use the Qi charging unit use the included USB-C to USB-A cable to a 5V/1.5A (7.5W) or higher USB power adapter, such as the Sonos Power Adapter
  3. Monitor battery health and let us know the results