Answered

sonos ray and homekit

• 16 March 2024
  • 3 replies

Sonos Ray appears in Control Centre AirPlay list but NOT in HomeKit app.  Tried adding using ‘other’ options and though a Speaker icon appears - assume it IS the Ray - message indicating HomeKit cannot connect, ensure iPad is on network?

icon

Best answer by Ken_Griffiths 17 March 2024, 13:05

View original

3 replies

I had this issue, albeit a while ago now, after the Ray was first released. I’m not sure what caused it, but I found a factory reset of the Ray fixed it - but I recall that I added it to HomeKit immediately after adding it back to my S2 system and before I added any surrounds/sub-mini to the setup.

Of course I would only recommend a factory reset if the speaker is not your ‘one and only’ Sonos product, because if it is, you will lose the complete system, services, playlists etc. 

Anyhow the reset worked in my case and it now (oddly) shows in HomeKit as ‘Speaker’ but is shown in the iOS Airplay list in control center by its Sonos room name of ‘Kitchen’ and everything works okay.

Many thanks to Ken_Griffiths.  I reset Ray but no difference.  Not sure how to send multiple ‘small’ images but my attempt below

In that case @NOrchison perhaps try rebooting your local router, let everything settle/connect and see if that resolves the issue for you. If not then it maybe best to reproduce the issue and immediately submit a Sonos system diagnostic report from within the Sonos App, note it’s reference and then contact/chat with Sonos Support Staff via this LINK and see what the Staff can perhaps suggest to resolve the matter.