Answered

Sonos Port - Getting it to play on Era 100 speak

• 22 August 2023
  • 5 replies

I finally got round to getting my parents Sonos system around their house.

Its working very well, with one exception : the Sonos Port.

It is set up and registered in the Sonos app, with a CD player connected to the line-in connection on the Port. However, I cannot find the right command to play the Sonos Port source via one of the Era 100 speakers.

The Port is in the "Lounge" and the line-in on it is called "CD Player", and the Era 100 is in the "Kitchen".

I've tried commands like; 

• "Hey Sonos, play music from the CD Player in the Kitchen" 
  • "Hey Sonos, play music from the Lounge in the Kitchen"
  • "Hey Sonos, play music from the CD Player in the Lounge on the Kitchen"

I've googled, and there isn't much on guidance on the right voice commands to use, and I've looked in the app and cannot seem to get them to work.

I can combine the two sources in the app, but the CD Player music still does not play in the Kitchen.

Can anyone give me some guidance on this? I feel like I am missing something obvious.

icon

Best answer by GuitarSuperstar 26 August 2023, 15:55

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

I do nit use Sonos Voice Control, but the source used by the Port is called Line in. You could try to als SVC to play Line in on Kitchen.

Userlevel 7

Start the CD player and select Kitchen under the System tab in the Sonos app. Then under the Browse tab, select the Line-In option.

You can also set the Autoplay Room to the Kitchen under the Line-In settings for the Era 100 in the Sonos app. So anytime the CD player starts, the audio will play automatically to the Era 100 in the kitchen.

Awesome, thanks, I will test that out tomorrow! 

I tried the above, but I don’t think I described my set up properly. 

The CD player is connected to the line in on a Sonos Port in another room. 

I want to play this line in signal on the Era 100 in the kitchen. 

Any ideas on how I do this? 

Userlevel 7

Try this:

Set the Autoplay Room to the Kitchen under the Line-In settings for the Port in the Sonos app. So anytime the CD player starts, the audio will play automatically to the Era 100 in the kitchen.