Answered

Sonos One SL unable to connect and unable to hard reset

• 29 December 2023
  • 3 replies

• Contributor I
  • 0 replies

One side of my surround pair of Sonos One SL lost connection. Tries to repair it without avail. Have since tried the following -

1) hard reset the sonos one sl - the white lights continue to blink. I'm confident that the hard reset was done correctly as I have done it before for my sub and the other pair of Sonos one SL withiut any issue.

2) Tried wiring the problematic One SL to my router. The white light continues to blink. Tried the hard reset method with the ethernet cables plugged in to but to no avail.

May I know if my Sonos 1 SL is faulty?

Have only bought it for slightly less than 3 years.

Thanks for the advice in advance.

icon

Best answer by Airgetlam 29 December 2023, 04:42

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

The factory reset was probably a bad idea but maybe you can still submit a diagnostic from the working Sonos and call support. They will usually be able to either get you working or set you up with a replacement deal.

Do it soon Ones look to be in short supply right now.

Your best bet would be to call Sonos Support directly to discuss it. They would likely be able to confirm if it is faulty or not. 

When you speak directly to the phone folks, they have tools at their disposal that will allow them to give you advice specific to your network and Sonos system.

Performing a factory reset might not have been the ideal solution. However, consider submitting a diagnostic from the functional Sonos device and reaching out to support promptly. They often have effective solutions or can assist with replacement options. Act swiftly; Ones seem to be in limited stock presently.