Answered

SONOS One SL SetUp

• 20 March 2023
  • 2 replies

Hi there

I purchased 2no One SLs understanding I’d be able to have 2 speakers in different parts of the house playing the same music.

Hadnt quite banked on all the login/app/set up stuff, but ok.

Plug them in and let the app find them…...

It couldnt. The app told me to connect an ethernet cable. (not supplied)

I found one and did this. It works and plays music that I dont have much control over, but ok.

But the weirdest thing is the app continually asks me to sign into a gmail account that I dont own. I have uninstalled and reinstalled with my own email address but it wont let me do anything in the app unless I sign into this account that is completely unknown to me. So i’m stuck choosing music from a restricted selection of some random app.

To add to the mystery if i try to activate wifi so i can move these speakers away from the ethernet, it does so, but the music doesnt change if no ethernet is connected.

Great product! I hope you can give me some tips cos they’re close to going back in their soft little bags and back in the box!

Merci

icon

Best answer by Stanley_4 20 March 2023, 23:27

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

The email account makes me think they may not have been new and a previous owner had run the setup. You could do a Factory Reset on both to get back to a clean slate for your install.

If you are concerned about the “new” issue call Sonos BEFORE you reset them and have them take a look at the internal data we users can’t see.

You mention “activate WiFi” if that means on the Sonos you should almost never deactivate it, aside from not helping that switch is mislabeled and is actually deactivate the entire radio.

The email account makes me think they may not have been new and a previous owner had run the setup. You could do a Factory Reset on both to get back to a clean slate for your install.”

Clever!

Ok, I’ll try that. Thanks Stanley_4