Question

Sonos constant flashing Move white light

• 1 January 2021
  • 1 reply

Hi Just bought a sonos Move for an xmas present and although it worked once when removed from the box it has now stopped and will only show white light flashing constantly, i have tried the reset several times remove from base, press power button for around 30 seconds and it powers down, sit back on base and its back to flashing light

Have tried holding the link button when placed back on base and still the same flashing white light!

it just reverts back to flashing light when placed back on base and wont link with anything.

have turned off the wifi router and reset that, i have also moved the Move right net to the router still no change.

tried leaving it for hours no change!

advice please.

Regards

Mark

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

Hi @Markp38.

Welcome, thank you for reaching out to Sonos Community since you already tried some troubleshooting steps let me try to assist you.

If the product never stops flashing white, it is failing to boot.

I suggest doing a full factory data reset:

1. Take Move off the charging base.
  2. Press and hold the power button for at least 5 seconds to power it off.
  3. Press and hold the JoinButton-24px.png Join button and place Move back on the charging base.
  4. Continue holding the JoinButton-24px.png Join button until the light on top flashes orange and white.
  5. The light will flash green when the process is complete and your Sonos Move is ready to be set up.

If still doesn't work and still doing the same thing its subject to a replacement.

Let us know if it works. If you need help with any other information, please be sure to let us know.