Sanus Speaker Stand Upgrade

• 16 April 2023
  • 10 replies

Hi All

I am currently wanting to upgrade my Play One’s to Era 100’s, I have them attached to non height adjustable Sanus stands. I can see the 100’s locking screw is on the bottom of the speaker which means I can’t use them. Does anything exist allowing me to adapt these stands for the 100’s other than having to buy new speaker stands? Thanks

10 replies

I’ve not seen any adapters yet, although you might want to reach out to Sanus and ask them. But I’d think they’d be much more interested in selling you new stands….

Yes, you are probably right! But it really puts me off upgrading the speakers as the stands are expensive and selling mine on seems difficult.

While I feel for you, I’m not sure Sanus cares a bunch….

I feel the same way about forking out £269 on stands just because they moved the locking screw, just found some industrial Velcro, I’ll make that work instead

Userlevel 1

I have seen upgrade kits for the adjustable Sanus floor stand on Amazon however they are not available yet. If they are making these for the adjustable stands we can only hope they do the same for the fixed stands.

Upgrade Kit for SANUS WSSA1, WSSA2 Adjustable-Height Speaker Stands to Work with Sonos Era 100

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Upgrade-SANUS-Adjustable-Height-Speaker-Stands/dp/B0BZDN96D1

I have seen upgrade kits for the adjustable Sanus floor stand on Amazon however they are not available yet. If they are making these for the adjustable stands we can only hope they do the same for the fixed stands.

Upgrade Kit for SANUS WSSA1, WSSA2 Adjustable-Height Speaker Stands to Work with Sonos Era 100

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Upgrade-SANUS-Adjustable-Height-Speaker-Stands/dp/B0BZDN96D1

I’ve seen those Dave and when they were available seemed to be in the US. Yep! I need one for a fixed stand, but will have a play around in the meantime

Userlevel 1
Badge

Sanus One and Era 100 stands are identical except for the mounting plates. If Sanus were to offer the mounting plates as an upgrade I see no reason for it not to work. When I ordered the Sanus Era 100 stands I just swapped out the Era 100 plates on the One base and pillar and  plastic fittings. So those plates ended up costing me $140. Will Sanus offer an upgrade??? I don’t know.

Scrane that must have been a painful expense just for the plates. Could you see anyway possible to mod the Sanus stands for Era 100’s they are practically the same size right?

Userlevel 1
Badge

It would be easy enough to add a plywood platform and just set the 100s on it or offset the speakers to add a screw from the bottom to hold the speakers securely. I like the seamless  look of the standard speaker/stand combo so I just ate the expense.

Userlevel 4
Badge +4

New brackets to attach to Sanus fixed height floor stands are available on Amazon for £14.95 Sanus Speaker Stand Upgrade Kit OSSE11KIT.  I wrote to them when Era100 launched but they replied they weren't available yet in this country.  Apparently they’ve been available since March according to Amazon.   For me a big issue since I have four systems / eight Sanus stands which would otherwise have needed replacing.  Such a waste since the stands themselves are in perfect condition.